iCloud is fairly robust, but sometimes it gets very confused. Use this guide to troubleshoot any iCloud problems you might be having. iCloud normally takes a few seconds to update your MoneyCoach data across devices. However, iCloud may take much longer on some occasions.
Use these steps to help ensure iCloud updates your data across devices:
1. Check Apple’s iCloud System Status page.
2. Ensure you are logged into iCloud and using the same account on all devices. You can view details of your current iCloud in the following places:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings → Your Name → iCloud.
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu → System Preferences → iCloud.
3. Ensure that iCloud Drive is enabled:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings → Your Name → iCloud:
Please note: if Use Cellular/Mobile Data is turned off in the iCloud Drive view, iCloud will only refresh your lists when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you wish to have your MoneyCoach lists refreshed when not on a Wi-Fi network, select to enable Use Mobile Data. This may increase the amount of cellular data your iOS device uses. In some rare cases using a VPN disables the app ability to execute iCloud Sync and that may cause some big problems with your data, so use VPN at your own risk.
4. Ensure that iCloud is enabled in MoneyCoach:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open MoneyCoach, navigate to the Settings screen, tap on “Data” then activate the iCloud switch choosing “Backup to iCloud” the first time you activate sync. On your secondary devices, when you activate it you should always choose “Restore from iCloud”
5. Ensure your device is up to date. MoneyCoach for iOS requires iOS 10.0 or newer.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings → General → Software Update.
6. Make sure your devices are configured to set the time and date automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings → General → Date & Time → Set Automatically.
7. Restart your device(s) before opening MoneyCoach.
8. Before you do an app update or just in general, it is highly advised to do manual Dropbox backups.
9. If the sync drops, you can always try to “restart” it. Deactivate iCloud in the app Settings on your devices. Then activate it on the one with the most up to date data selecting Backup to iCloud. Wait for the process to complete then activate it on your other devices selecting Restore from iCloud. Now your devices should be synced!